Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's a Soapy Party!

I never thought much about soap until I started meeting some of the amazing people that make the stuff themselves. Now, I admit, thanks to my "I can do it myself" attitude I did a fair amount of research into soap-making thinking "If they can do it, so can I." Let me tell you, it didn't take long for me to realize that to really do it right is a time consuming talent that I just don't want to mess with. So, what does one do when they find they can't do it themselves....buy it from the best!

Larissa and Eric are and amazing pair that takes pride in what they do...and it shows! I met Larissa on the HandmadeArtistsForum and, being the shop-a-holic that I am, had to try some of her stuff. I was instantly hooked, and yes, I've gone back for more. She was nice enough to send us a bar of shaving soap that has even hooked my husband! You can visit their blog and get some insight into the pair behind the soap and their site to try some of this soapy heaven for yourself!


Larissa and Eric are an amazing husband and wife team of soap makers that run Reef Botanicals and work to create the most luscious soap around. On top of that, they also make fizzy bath bars, sugar scrubs and lip balms...everything you could want from one place!

9 comments:

Larissa said...

Wow, thank you!

jewelry by NaLa said...

You make Eric and Larissa's products sound so good, I'm going to have to look into trying some for myself!

Joan said...

Delightful products!

trusk4u said...

Very well written post about this dynamic duo! Once you've tried handmade soap, you'll NEVER to go back to commercial stuff!

Haffina said...

Great post! Wonderful handmade artisans.

Handmade Artists' Forum said...

Love Larissa's soap, we have it right in the shower! LOL
She also has a lovely shop here Reef Botanicals on the HAFshop
Great post by the way!
HAF

ThePineConeTeaCup said...

The chocolate chip mint lip balm has to be the best thing in the world!!

Mewes Mountain Arts said...

Great post!!

Christine Burgess said...

Their soaps all look yummy. Really nice post.