Thursday, March 4, 2010

Out with the Old? Remade into New!










Once I finished school I was left with a ton of books from various literature classes. Now I love books, but I am being buried under the stacks of school books that, though some of them were loved, I will not be reading again. The bookstore will only give you pennies to sell them back and I don't have anyone that is interested in reading them...so what to do! Make ART!













I took a few of my books and cut them apart and began designing small art pieces around the stories. It took quite a bit of trial and error to get the looks that I wanted, but the results were worth it. I put them into small (5x7) shadow boxes that allowed the designs to pop. I am thrilled with the results!

I have plans for a few more of my books in the future so stay tuned to see what I come up with.

8 comments:

Mewes Mountain Arts said...

These are wonderful!! When I get home and can share with more, I totally will because I think others would like these as well! Nice job and thank you for sharing!

MakinTheBestOfIt said...

Your comment just made my day!

Lifeline said...

You continue to be amazingly creative :)

jewelry by NaLa said...

Gorgeous!

lisianblue said...

Love what you have done with those books! Hacked up books - lololo they are anything but "hacked up"!!

trusk4u said...

Because you have a great blog to read, and your unending support to the HAFteam, I am passing on this Sunshine Blog Award to your blog. The link will give you info that you will need. Congratulations!
http://trusk4u.blogspot.com/2010/03/sunshine-blog-award-2.html

Mewes Mountain Arts said...

I have nominated you for the Sunshine Award. Check it out:

http://mewesmountainartsandcrafts.blogspot.com/2010/03/sunshine-award.html

Nice work!!

Handmade Artists' Forum said...

Great Idea very imaginative.
HAF