Wednesday, May 19, 2010

More than just Socks!


Ok, I admit it, I never thought much about socks! I buy basic socks, love the "new" feel of them, put them on my feet and forget about them...until now! I would like to introduce you to a lady that has taken socks and made me think twice. Twiddletoes asks you "Do you tie random bands of fabric across your head, glance furtively around, and slide across the floors when you're home alone? Do you give a fierce howl and karate chop household pests before disposal? Well, you're in the right place, and you're not alone!" Has she been peaking in my window?

Twiddletoes began about 6 years ago by Stacy, a crafty lady in Atlanta, Georgia, that was tired of watching her husband try to jam his feet into flip flops wearing regular socks! Not being happy with the designs she was finding, she modified various patterns to create her own pattern. She uses luxury fibers that just sound so lush and is now adding a line of vegan alternatives in order to service a new line of customers. I would have never known about these amazing socks except that Stacy joined us as a handmade supporter on the HandmadeArtistsForum and has jumped in with both feet...sorry, couldn't resist!


Got you thinking? Well, keep in mind that Stacy does more than just socks with toes, she also has a luxury line of traditional socks in rich colors that I am dying to try! Want to find out more? You can find Twiddletoes on Etsy, 1000Markets and check out her blog and get to know the artist behind these lush footies!

3 comments:

Haffina said...

They are awesome looking socks! Great post!

trusk4u said...

Terrific socks! And a very "punny" post!

Larissa said...

Haha, great post!