Monday, May 24, 2010

A Passion for Giving


I admit it...I'm a closet drooler of anything baby related. My boys are long past the darling hats and booties; more like black and skulls now; but I still will wander aimlessly through the rows of tiny outfits and pick up the little mini shoes in the department stores. This secret admiration for all things baby is the reason I am introducing you to Sandi; a woman with a passion for all things tiny from Utah and proud owner of iKnitQuiltSew on Etsy.

I met Sandi when she joined us on the HandmadeArtistsForum not long ago and fell in love with her old fashioned style of baby hats, blankets and dolls. She states in her profile that she was taught many years ago to knit using her grandmothers patterns...which came from her mother! Guess you can say they have stood the test of time? Her work is all individually created, so you will not find hundreds of items in her shop; instead, you will find work that is created stitch by stitch with love and caring.

Not into knit? Ok, what about dolls? Remember rag dolls? I had some and they were the best for cuddling and squishing!


No dolls? Well, what about bears? I mean seriously...who can resist a teddy face especially one that is handmade!

Not done yet! Quilting is a passion that Sandi taught herself using a book...woman after my own heart. Sweet crib quilts that would look amazing on a nursery wall as padded artwork!

Now, I know that you are dying to check out this talented lady for yourself. You can find her on Etsy or check out her blog and read up on her passions as well as her love of all things handmade. After all, isn't that half the fun of buying handmade? Getting to know the artist behind the art?

13 comments:

ParadisePurls said...

What a wonderful feature! You can certainly see the love Sandi puts into each creation!

Larissa said...

OK, OK, so it's not just a matter of choosing between bears and dolls for me... it's choosing among bears, dolls, and quilts!

mooaany said...

What a great post showcasing iknitquiltsew!

Joan said...

Lovely!

Haffina said...

Great post about a talented lady.

Christine Burgess said...

The bears are just darling. Very nice post.

twiddletoes said...

Thanks for sharing such a talented artisan with us! If I had a choice, I don't know whether I could choose between one of her lovely quilts or her charming dolls.

Mewes Mountain Arts said...

I really love those little bears! Thank you for the post!!

Kazumi said...

I love her work! Great post!

trusk4u said...

You've written a great feature here about this super talented artist! Thanks for sharing and yes, I do want to see more!!

FantasyDreamKnits said...

I love the way you wrote this up! Very interesting. No dry facts, but filled with great pics for a great artist.

DreamBubbles said...

Once again not only MBOI but presenting the best as well ;) What a talented artist to share with us all, thank you!

Handmade Artists' Forum said...

Love the Bears!
HAF