Monday, August 8, 2011

Center of Attention

A lot of my work is done for brides that are planning their big days and are looking for custom work in custom colors to make their wedding day one of a kind.  I love this type of order since I get to be a small part in a once in a lifetime event.

This was just such the case with a recent bride who was planning her day and had a clear idea on what she was looking for.  Alex was on the hunt for a large vase to put on her guest book table in a rather large entryway to her reception.  She found the pattern that she liked, just perfect in her words, but I was unable to get the frosted vase in a large enough size.

...and so the search was on.  After combing all of my sources, and finding a few new ones, I was able to find a clear vase that stood a very proud 19inches tall!  It was shaped like a giant champagne flute and seemed perfect, except that it was clear and not frosted.

After a lot of playing with the pattern, I was able to give the bride the piece she was after.  A tall, statement vase, covered in blue and white morning glories to show off her entry table.  This vase was a bit more delicate than I usually paint and I had my fears while packing it up to ship.


Now everything can not be easy, right?  Of course the first vase broke in shipping...the poor bride opened the box to find shattered glass.  I felt so bad!  I immediately painted another vase for her and held my breath yet again as I packed it up to ship.  The result?  Alls well that ends well.  Today I received a stunning picture of the reception entryway featuring the most gorgeous flowers and the vase.


The moral of the story?  If you are willing to search and ask questions you will be able to find what you want to make your day a one of a kind event that you can remember happily.



2 comments:

trusk4u said...

Holy cow! That piece is stunning! And how wonderful that she took the time to send a picture. Small gestures like that have such a huge impact.

MakinTheBestOfIt said...

Thanks so much Teresa! I love it when my brides send me pictures of their day so I can see the final product I had a small part in!